Sunday, July 11, 2010

Fresh start

Apologies for not updating here. It's been hard. The medication I'm on is making it so difficult to shift weight no matter how well I'm doing. And that is rather discouraging to me, so it makes it difficult for me to desire posting regularly.

So I've starting over. Saturdays are always like my new week. So I've fasted for today. Rather effortlessly. I spent the whole day doing D&D and stuff so all I had was tons of water. Made sure to have lots since it's been 85-92 degrees for the past 4 days.

As for tomorrow, a different group of friends and I have another role-playing game. So I will be taking the opportunity to fast on Sunday as well.
Then up until next Saturday (so for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday) I will be restricting my calorie intake to 400 or less, and restricting my carb intake to less than 20g a day. Pretty much low carbs to put myself into ketosis, and going to have high protein (or high for that calorie level anyway) as I will be strength training a different set of muscles each day (arms one day, legs one day, stomach one day, etc). I'll also be doing 30 minutes of good cardio each day to help burn the fat.

So that's the plan really. I find that right now, its very hard to just calorie restrict. Abstaining from food completely is easy and effortless lately, but the minute I've allowed myself to have something, I tend to overeat. Specifically carbs and sweets. Whereas I'm limiting carbs and no sweets. Mostly I will be having tuna, tofu and tofu hotdogs, egg whites and shrimp. I may have like a lipton soup at hand too for lunch since the ones I get are 10g in carbs.

Anyway I'm exhausted. Time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment