Monday, July 19, 2010

ABC Day 1 - 500

Just started today. So far it's been going well. Started my day off with an apple and some yogurt, and then hit the gym and did some light biking, and the eliptical. In total (including the walk there and back) I burned 963 calories. After I came home I had my post workout lunch, and then about an hour later I was really weak.
I found myself about 50 minutes ago, wandering over to the store with the last 10 bucks I have to my name till wednesday. I ended up wrestling with myself for a half hour in the store, about whether to get something. I couldn't end up committing to fruits and veg, but I also didn't cave and buy whole big bags of chips, and cupcakes, and those kinds of things. I ended up coming home with two bottles of coke zero, a box of 100 calorie snack pack things, one of those really tiny bags of bbq chips, and some sushi. I haven't touched any of it. I'm not feeling as energyless as i was, but now I'm at home wondering whether I should eat these things. Part of me says that it's okay because I burned so many calories at the gym. The other part of me says that it's okay to waste the food and that I don't want to undo the hard work I put in.
Usually with calorie restriction, I also increase it with half the caloric expenditure from exercise. So the 500 for today + 481 from half my exercise. But I think I'm scared that if I eat just one of the things I picked up, that I'm going to just open up pandora's box and shovel everything else in. *sigh*

I'll edit this post later with the actual daily total before I go to bed. Hopefully I wont end up stuffing my face

No comments:

Post a Comment